Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Abusive boarding master must Go!

I'm not in the habit of reading ZANU newspapers. I am a very proud alumni of Solusi, a place where I was born, raised & battered. A place where my Christian values were instilled in me & no profanity was ever spoken by everyone on campus. BUT I am appalled to read this article today. I'm hoping the school administrators will come out clean on this mess. As I grow older, not a whole lot of things get under my skin BUT this story infuriates me ..... the administrators of the school, Jefrety Sibanda (Board Chair) Phanson Tshuma (Secretary & Headmaster) Simangaliso Ncube (Deputy Headmaster) we are expecting a full explanation of this heinous behaviour by Methuseli Ncube (The devil) that is being nurtured on Christian grounds. Methuseli Ncube MUST GO his behaviour is unacceptable.

Umtwana utshaywa ngunina  - NO EXCEPTION. Mothers are the only disciplinarians & there should be a clear bold line drawn between the responsibilities of the school teachers & the Mother. Teachers are supposed to concentrate on educating the child, instructing the child. This nonsense of beating kids at school should cease immediately. I'm going to speak on my own personal experience as a product of this system of corporal school punishment.  First, there is no science proven that a child learns anything after being beaten. I can tell you that inhibited my learning in (not so much in elementary school) but in middle & high school because I was always in fear of saying the wrong answer because I would be beaten. Secondly, for a girl child, it's even worse domino effect. This thing of teachers beating school kids to submission and anyone & everyone in the village with right to beat kids is the contributing factor of some of us who ended up in very abusive relationships where I was beaten to submission & never said or did anything coz you just get used to being randomly beaten by anyone in village & at school. Some of my friends are now coming out to say they were being raped by teachers in likes of Methuseli Ncube who are beating school kids to submission or punishment. I'm calling on a thorough investigation to all the girls at Solusi Secondary to make sure Methuseli Ncube (The Devil) didn't rape any of them as they are so timid to speak out.  Thirdly, beating school kids as a from punishment or beating them to submission especially girls diminishes their self esteem & confidence which leads to be being less prepared to compete effectively in the workplace & higher tertiary schools.

Methuseli Ncube (The Devil) is insulting kids by their parents private parts, oh Lord have mercy on me, this makes my kinky hair stand straight. This Devil on Christian grounds is worse that ZANU & Gukurahundi combined. The innocent kids are already learning under harsh economic environment & the parents are sacrificing for the expensive Christian education only to get an enslaved abused child. I'm beyond appalled by the actions of Methuseli Ncube (The Devil).

Desmond Tutu once said " If you are are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality".

Where is the community of Solusi in all this, are they also being neutral in this situation of injustice. Izakhamuzi seSolusi, please rise up, Kick the Devil out of the Christian grounds, we don't want anything to do with Methuseli Ncube, he must go. Corporal punishment should be abolished in all schools.

In other words, If the Solusi Secondary administrators in the likes of Tshalimane, are neutral while The elephant in the likes of Methuseli Ncube has his foot on the school kids who have been entrusted under his care, the kids will no appreciate it if we don't call all the school administrators to account for The Devils actions.

Psalms 72:4 May he vindicate the afflicted of the people. Save the children of the needy and crush the oppressor.
Even so Lord Jesus come. By Khethiwe Bhebhe in Canada.

No comments: