Wednesday, December 10, 2008

BACK TO MY DESK!

Its a great feeling to be back at my desk.For a while I was away on leave.This business of writing can be depressing sometimes. While I was away from the desk, I gave myself a lot of options. I am one person who does not do something for the sake of it.Whatever I do I do it with all my heart, especially if its voluntary.Its good sometimes to take a break and relax, just to breath in some fresh air. This is the time to get some fresh ideas on your work.

I remember a few years back when I used to preach almost everyday of the week.After a while , I would feel exhausted.The same thing happened when I used to play football or soccer as they call it here, in the States.One need to take time evaluate themselves as well as their job. Some companies do what they call refresher courses.The everyday things you do eventually become monotonous. One problem with this blog site is that I am not on anybody's payroll. In other, I do whats on my mind.Simple put, its my diary.

So whatever happens around me must be chronicled here. This means that my family, faith,job, and the news and opinions about social and political issues within my two countries, Zimbabwe and USA.My family is still in Zimbabwe.I also have cousins in South Africa too. I am blessed that my mother and father are still alive. I know a lot of nice and good people who's parents have long gone. I know people who could do anything in the world to be in my position. Life in Zimbabwe is completely difficult. People are suffering from right left and center.


Zimbabweans in Zimbabwe now a have to use foreign currency for their everyday needs.There are no hospitals functioning.No fresh water, no electricity.Thinking about the situation back home is sad.However we keep hoping and praying that life will be normal. That is where we derive our strength from.That hope. Nobody living or dead would have predicted that things were going to be this bad in our lifetime in Zimbabwe.We are now worse than people in war tone places like Rwanda, Congo and all those troubled countries in the east Africa.

The economy here in the United States has not been as good either. Experts are saying the country is going through the worst depression since 1929. United States is a developed country, and no matter how bad things a get economically, its still going to be far much better than a country in Africa.These are things that troubles me and these are things I write about.

Its winter here again. In north America, about have of the year is spent in freezing ice cold weather.This is what fate and destiny chose for us. December is here too.We all know that December is traditional a happy month everywhere. This one would be an exception. We pray that our relatives in Zimbabwe survive the hunger, cholera and the political abductions.

I forgot to mention Face book.A friend of mine had for along time been inviting me to the face book forums, without success. About a month ago I decided to check it out. I am sad to say that I am now an addict of face book. I saw a lot of my child friends and classmates that I have not seen in over twenty years. I met a lot of interesting people who are concerned about Zimbabwe. Among those I discovered was Noreen Welsh.She was one of the first Zimbabwe journalist, I saw when I first opened my eyes to the television way back in 1980.I was only eight years old God knows how old she is right now.

She now lives in Europe somewhere and is a contributor on matters that affect Zimbabwe. Her love for the country is challenging.There are many other Zimbabweans who have the same spirit.

1 comment:

BM said...

Welcome back
You know the situation back home is not only depressing but very unfair to human kind. No-one deserves to live in such turmoil. There is no day that goes by, that I don't ask God to turn it around. I think about babies who don't get enough nourishment, severe food shortages and now this cholera epidemic, it pains me and touches my heart in a very profound way. But my trust is in the Lord who created the heavens and the earth. I put my trust and hope completely on Him. Let's continue to pray for our country and help in any possible way. Singakhathali ukusiza izihlobo zethu noma ngemali or nge encouragement. Bare in mind that they are the one's who are facing the situation every day of their life and let's be careful on how we talk to them, instead let's show them love.

peace out