Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Please do something Mzansi ( South Africa)



I happened to be listening to Julius Malema's response to South African President Zuma's State of the Nation speech this morning. One thing that he mentioned among other things was that the former built World Cup stadium in 2010 but fails to built public restrooms. It is interesting to me to note that while I was in SA on my way to Zim, I was struck by the fact that while I was in Oliver Tambo international airport there were over hundreds if not thousands of clean restrooms with at least two smiling attendants. However not so a much rich traveler, I had to go through Park Station in central JHB. Park station provides transportation to thousands of local and regional customers through buses services.Some go as far as Malawi, Zambia, etc. I should have mentioned that going thru Park station did cut the expenses of my journey by half. I could have paid double the fair to reach Byo or Vic Falls by air which might gave meant that the whole trip was out of reach for me. Up until then the whole trip was platinum, but lo and behold if you want to see that you are in Africa and that we Africans treat each other badly go by bus to Beit bridge border. Lapho ya! I am as African as they come but I am seeing this from my America airline and Lufthansa airline, not to mention the Star member alliance of South Africa airline. To cut the long story short there is one toilet sit in Park station for all those thousands of poor African travelers. I am pretty sure just by travelling there we are creating jobs and boosting the economy of South Africa in our small ways with our Shangane bags and empty plastic containers but one deplorable toilet sit that is barely attended to? I will not go into South African politics neither do I endorse Julius Malema but something needs to be to. I will send part of this message to South Africa airline, Grey hound and other travel representatives. In short I experienced two sides of South Africa in one travel.Mzansi we deserve better

No comments: