Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Zim's award winning DJ Ezra Tshisa Sibanda finally unites with mom

 
 
 
One of Zimbabwe's popular former Z.B.C Disco jockey and upcoming politician Ezra Tshisa Sibanda finally meet his mom after many years of searching. Sibanda who is running for MP in Vungu Lower Gweru district for MDCT, could not contain his joy when he broke the news to his face book friends and fans worldwide. A lot of us where confused he first  made the announcement, since he announced it in English but had put in a hidden African way. Some fans/friends made it clear they did not understand what he intended to say. These are his own words taken directly form his face book status this afternoon.
"Are you all sure you have never heard of someone with 2 mothers? My biological mum passed on in 1997. When l was growing up she told me there was another mum of mine, a relative of hers who was in SA and shared the same name with her. When my mum was pregnant with me she visited her relatives in SA and my mum above who was a teenager by then had asked and pleaded to be given me as her child and they agreed to do so after my birth. My biological mum had promised to give her yours truly for adoption but lost all her contacts, (remember means of communication by then were letters) and she died still looking for her.
 
I continued looking for her not knowing she was still looking for me. After decades of searching, she discovered an old letter with my brother's old address in Gweru. She drove from South Africa looking for me in 2007 but couldn't find my brother as he had long moved away from that property. She returned back to Mzansi, never lost hope and 2 weeks ago she saw some Zimbabweans near Johannesburg and asked if they knew of a certain man called ....... not knowing that person is my brother. She was given the contacts and called my brother.
 
 She knew there was someone called Ezra Tshisa Sibanda but never suspected it was her son, never knew l once worked for ZBC and didn't know l was a popular someone. She drove all the way from South Africa to meet me and the rest of family members and now wants to take me to South Africa to live with her. Its too late mama but l love you so much. We have a lot of catching to do. l thank my Lord for this wonderful reunion and won't lose contact with her. I hope my real friends now understand the story, thank you and good night."

No comments: