Sunday, January 5, 2014

Holidays with family can be a dangerous period.

 
 Our supervisor at work usually says this whenever we are going for a holiday break. "Please be careful and make sure you are safe on holiday. Some of you are going to be with your real families and that can be dangerous" I usually laugh it off. The first time I heard him say that it was towards Thanksgiving holiday. A day after the Thanks giving Thursday . A local television station reported that somebody had their leg broken in a family feud after a dispute during Thanksgiving dinner. This happened not to far from my side of town. (Me and my wife thought that was funny especially as I told her about the supervisor's warning)
 
When we were going to Christmas holiday , my supervisor repeated his usual warning. Again I laughed it away.This morning I asked a old lady at our work place if she had a good Christmas holiday. I had previously asked a few others and everybody seem to have a decent one at least. However this older lady had different story. She was bluntly and to the point! "No I did not have a good Christmas me and my sister got into a fight, and I almost finished her off. Our daughters had to pull us apart. I could have put her to the ground" For a moment I was kind of taken aback, but being the one who asked her. I could not judge her. I respected for being though. The only think that came to my mind was the supervisor's warning,  and I said" Too bad. I too come from a family, I know how things can be sometimes.  I never knew that holiday can be so much dangerous!  Phew! I hope you all return safely to your places.

No comments: