Thursday, August 30, 2007

September is here!

Its amazing how fast time goes especially as the year nears the end. With only 3 months to go you know the festive season is close. See one thing funny about Christmas is that its either too far or too close. Perhaps this happens to us procastinators. Okay lets face it I am not the only one in that boat we are many! The problem with me and other people is that we are never prepared for Christmas even though we are given the same days of the year. Infact we are never prepared for anything at all. From a distance it would seem like I have personal problem yet this is a financial problem than anything else. I am also willing to speak for my friends, those who cannot speak for themselves, "the voiceless", that is why I am called the voice of the voiceless. See ever since I started working I have always have financial problems and that is not an excuse please! I have always been behind on rents and other bills save for a few months in my whole working life. I have never been given my sweat, worth.

My problems are not exclusive and I cannot really blame anybody. I know there are some who will reasons to blame. I am convinced that in my thirteen years of working life I have made enough money to be rich but I am still as poor as the first day I began working. This is because of two reasons; the word SAVE does not exist in my vocabulary. Secondly I am the kind of person who have always lives above my means. I do not do this deliberately but rather because I am expected to be at a certain standard by my friends and family. I go to great lengths trying to catch up to my piers and this has nothing to do with pier pressure yet in truth its a form of it. The side of town I live in, the clothes I wear, the car I drive, the list is endless. I am not suppose to admit that Iam not yet there, but rather I have to look like I am already there, this is not an extreme kind of pier pressure but any odinary and acceptable one.

Enough about my problems and back to the topic. I must apologies to my friends and relatives in advance because by the look of things I will not be able to get them Christmas presents this year again. Sorry folks its tough! I only wish you guys will stop buying me things because that adds misery to my Chistmas because I feel guilty when I receive them. Blessed is the hand that giveth than that which receives. September is a special month in my life because its like Genesis, its the beginning for me, the month of my birthday. It tends out also to be my father's birthday. He is turning sixty on the third while I will be thirty five by the end of the month. We are all grateful. He has been reminding me about his birhtday for over a year now. The old man wanted me to through a huge party for him, and I thought I was going to suprise him but I think you all know my problem now: no savings. Sorry dad I love you though, you are my hero, but I am in debt right now. The debt collectors are chasing me and some have taken me to court.

My son is will be five months on the day my dad's grand day. I remember the good old days when me and my few of my friends, Lifa, Nickson , Walter, Daniel and Witness used to celebrate our birthday jointly. We all share the same day or for some its a day apart. We would gather our friends and make a huge party eat, drink and dance. Food was not scarce in those days in Zimbabwe. All my friends are now married and I know its a blessing to be married butI am sure they miss those old times. Pretty sure most of them have at list two kids each, me I just got married and only have one little boy. Times have changed. Life in Zimbabwe is tough and friends are now scattered. We only communicate through email for those who have access. Madoda happy birthday in davance, problem now isikhwama sesihlala kumama, I am always broke even on a payday.

Abasuke labo opasi ababulala imiduli ye New York nge ntege ngoba basonisela I iviki lethu lokuzalwa mhla zilitshumi lanye. Bacitha igazi elingelacala. I will continue may we all take our annual stock to see if we are ready for Christmas ngoba isifikile. Long live dad, we wish many more years.

No comments: