Thursday, April 3, 2008

DADDY'S BOY!


Themba is now a one year old boy, he is now walking. He just knows few words like mama, baba, incanca, bath and bible. He is a joy to hold. My life has never been the same since his birth. Like his name, little Themba is my hope. I change his diapers, bath him and feed him, all that is the joy of raising a child.
Themba's birth is the story of hope. It happened that when my wife Angie was about two months pregnant, we learnt that she had lost the baby. Me and her were both saddened by this bad news, as it would have been for any couple. During the medical procedures that my wife was undergoing. Something happened. I had gone to accompany my wife to the doctor, for the step by step check up process.
Going through his situation was not easy, especially for my wife. There is a different between the way man and women mourn. Women mourn from deep within, and its visibly outside. Yet we the men, are not usually visibly shaken. My wife had wept and grieved, so much that I could not comfort her, only by my presence. No words could have expressed my deepest sympathy to her. She answered a few questions about her response to the medication, since her previous visit.
As she was answering the doctor, the man suddenly spoke some very powerful words of encouragement. Suddenly in my heart something was born. Hope and faith. When the time came for us to leave the doctor's office, I said to my wife. "We already have a baby." she said; what do you mean? I said didn't you hear the words of the doctor? As soon as we got into the car, I took a pen and a paper, and wrote down the name of the child. I wrote the name and put date and gave it to her. I do not know what was going through her mind, but I tried to present myself as normal. Its possible she might have thought that I was out of my mind then.
The doctor scheduled us another visit, in exactly a month's time.
I must say that my wife was given strict orders, by that doctor to adhere to, as afar as her physical body is concerned. On the piece of paper I wrote, "Themba, Destiny , Hope." These names would vary depending on the baby's gender. I instructed that, she take the piece of paper, and put it somewhere away on her important documents. On our next visit which was exactly after a month away, something extra ordinary happened. When the doctor was looking at the x ray machine, he said; "I see something." Me and my wife could not understand what he was talking about.
While we were still puzzled, the man showed us some x ray pictures. He said to my wife, "remember what I told you, on your last visit". The pictures were traced to same day, when I wrote the names down. Technology cannot lie. My wife was going for a standard procedure after miscarriage, but on that day of hopelessness , God gave us hope. My wife went and retrieved those names from her documents. Themba is one year old today. The bible in Roman 10 the 17 th verse says; "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing, the word of God.

1 comment:

BM said...

we serve a miracle working God, happy birthday to Themba, you know babies are such a blessing they brighten and fill our lives with joy.
all the best.
mahlawulogirls