Wednesday, June 13, 2012

'Visitors experience bad customer service in most Zim shops"

experience

( For record this story has nothing to do with this great place Cape to Cairo bar)

After having visited my home country about two years back. I encountered a disturbing trend in most grocery shops. Most shop keepers were rude and not polite to customers. I posed question to my friends on face book who were there recently to see if things have gone better now!

 Gwa said: "It is still same or worse, I went to a store with my niece and she purchased two loaves of bread, the bread-attendant had not closed the bread paper correctly, so slices of bread fell off at the cash out counter, my niece took the bread back to the attendant to get a replacement. 5 minutes later my niece was still inside the store, I went to check, and found that the attendant was trying to repackage the bread slices that fell to the floor to give to my niece. I asked what the issue was,. To cut the story short, I asked for replacement loaves and at first they were reluctant to give us"
 
Nodden Manduku said: Sorry guys but its not unique to zim only , most businesses are like that these days world over. Wanted to buy bread in one southern African country and the lady who served me pick it with bare hands and l left.
 
Sibonginkosi Dube said; It's worse!
Crown Mqhele Ncube said: Ubuntu in general bufuna invuselelo...'

 
Busi Sibanda Mkwananzi. Its worse Mandla, they will be on mobiles and chewing a gum, shouting in their native language in Lupane of all the areas!!
Bee Sibanda said. Oh yes 70% of the shops have zero customer care .Most Spars are better but oh how i hate poor customer service
Mandla Mkwananzi: I went to a shop in Gwanda trying to get some basic things, they told me they have no charge for $20, my stuff had costed something like $12. So I had to get more things that I needed, yet in the first place I wanted to get charge and give a transport vendor who was waiting for me out side. So my whole purpose was defeated. And worse still they wanted me to leave my briefcase un attended in the front at my own risk. This brief case had my whole life documents but I was supposed to leave it because they thought I might sneak in some groceries in there!
Bee Sibanda a business owner specializing in beauty products further said: Its pathetic i just cant stand it .but one thing i have taught myself is I am not going to keep quiet and let them do as they please with as long as i ma their customer they will do things my way for that moment. coz i give my customers the best service

No comments: