Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mthwakazian poem







I am a Mthwakaian

I walk through the sands of Silobela on barefoot, drowning my feet and my sorrows. I am in touch with the surface of my land,the hot air of my dry region is what I breath in still I am satisfied

The piece of land I own,I till with my hands,bare hands.The yields,though not enough,bless my soul as I commence the search for firewood

Underneath the shadow of the marula tree,I reminisce Reminiscing on the glory days and the dark days Memories of Inxwala, memories of the missionary, memories of gukurahundi. My cheeks become a free way for my tears. It is not only the mourning, it is the cry for freedom And lady lizard falls from the tree,reminding me to take action and weep no more

The language of my ancestors faces extinction. The language of my murderer infiltrates my homeland be or not to be, I shall overcome The dry land I shall defend I am a Mthwakazian
written by Miffs Prodigious Gugulethu Eish

No comments: